Re: drop down

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Gufus, Mar 12, 2006.

  1. Gufus

    Gufus Guest

    Hi dorayme,

    Monday March 13 2006, dorayme writes to Humanioad:

    > From:
    > Do me a favour, go through your source and cut everything
    > out to just isolate the drop down menu in respect to
    > Adminstration, (sic),

    Thanks for your opinion..

    Just so you know, their no "links" on anything yet, I was just looking for
    opinion's on the drop down menu.

    Try url:

    http://www.gypsy-designs.com/example2.html

    Gufus

    mailto:
    http://www.gypsy-designs.com

    .... Can anyone remember when the times were not hard, and money not scarce?
    Gufus, Mar 12, 2006

  2. Gufus

    Noozer Guest

    > > From:
    > > Do me a favour, go through your source and cut everything
    > > out to just isolate the drop down menu in respect to
    > > Adminstration, (sic),

    > Thanks for your opinion..
    >
    > Just so you know, their no "links" on anything yet, I was just looking for
    > opinion's on the drop down menu.

    Dropdowns seem to work OK here in Firefox, but I doubt that most folks would
    even notice them on that page.
    Noozer, Mar 13, 2006

  3. Gufus

    Gufus Guest

    Hi Noozer,

    Monday March 13 2006, Noozer writes to All:

    > From:
    > Dropdowns seem to work OK here in Firefox,

    Yeppers.. been tested with IE, Firefox, Netscape and Opera. :)

    > but I doubt that
    > most folks would even notice them on that page.

    Don't worry, any time someone see the word administration they click on it.

    Gufus

    mailto:
    http://www.gypsy-designs.com

    .... Most women are not so young as they are painted.
    Gufus, Mar 13, 2006
  4. Gufus

    dorayme Guest

    In article <134.z1.fidonet.org>,
    (Gufus) wrote:

    > Hi dorayme,
    >
    > Monday March 13 2006, dorayme writes to Humanioad:
    >
    > > From:
    > > Do me a favour, go through your source and cut everything
    > > out to just isolate the drop down menu in respect to
    > > Adminstration, (sic),

    > Thanks for your opinion..

    What do you mean? I never gave you any opinion. Hello! You there?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Mar 13, 2006
  5. Gufus

    saz Guest

    In article <doraymeRidThis-5A4DAD.13090413032006@news-
    vip.optusnet.com.au>, says...
    > In article <134.z1.fidonet.org>,
    > (Gufus) wrote:
    >
    > > Hi dorayme,
    > >
    > > Monday March 13 2006, dorayme writes to Humanioad:
    > >
    > > > From:
    > > > Do me a favour, go through your source and cut everything
    > > > out to just isolate the drop down menu in respect to
    > > > Adminstration, (sic),

    > > Thanks for your opinion..

    > What do you mean? I never gave you any opinion. Hello! You there?

    The OP is clearly ignoring what he doesn't want to hear, and hearing
    things not said.
    saz, Mar 13, 2006
  6. Blinky the Shark, Mar 13, 2006
  7. Gufus

    Gufus Guest

    Hi Blinky,

    Sunday March 12 2006, Blinky the Shark writes to Gufus:

    > From: lid
    > This area seems a little crowded.

    Lots of people say drop tables, what's your opinion on tables?

    Gufus

    mailto:
    http://www.gypsy-designs.com

    .... If you really need an officer in a hurry, take a nap.
    Gufus, Mar 13, 2006
  8. Gufus wrote:

    > Hi Blinky,
    >
    > Sunday March 12 2006, Blinky the Shark writes to Gufus:
    >
    > > From: lid
    > > This area seems a little crowded.

    > Lots of people say drop tables, what's your opinion on tables?

    Drop tables except for display of tabular data.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Mar 13, 2006
  9. Gufus

    Gufus Guest

    Hi Blinky,

    Monday March 13 2006, Blinky the Shark writes to Gufus:

    > From: lid
    > Drop tables except for display of tabular data.

    Okay, color me stupid, what do you mean "tabular data"?

    Gufus

    mailto:
    http://www.gypsy-designs.com

    .... The only good MAC is a Big Mac.
    Gufus, Mar 14, 2006
  10. Gufus

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Gufus wrote:

    > Okay, color me stupid, what do you mean "tabular data"?

    <caption>Q3 Sales</caption>
    <thead>
    </thead>
    <tbody>
    </tbody>

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Mar 14, 2006
  11. Gufus

    mbstevens Guest

    Gufus wrote:
    > Hi Blinky,
    >
    > Monday March 13 2006, Blinky the Shark writes to Gufus:
    >
    > > From: lid
    > > Drop tables except for display of tabular data.

    > Okay, color me stupid, what do you mean "tabular data"?

    The information in some of the cells refer to the information in other
    cells, usually (but not necessarily) across rows or down columns.
    Or, rows or columns contain similar information.

    Tabular examples:

    TV guide page,
    algebraic matrix,
    spreadsheet,
    invoice.

    Using tables just to arrange things visually is
    not semantic markup, and not a good idea.

    There are lots of borderline cases.
    --
    mbstevens
    http://www.mbstevens.com/
    mbstevens, Mar 14, 2006
  12. Gufus

    kchayka Guest

    mbstevens wrote:

    > Tabular examples:
    >
    > TV guide page,

    More specifically, the program listing pages. Articles are not.

    kchayka, Mar 14, 2006
  13. Gufus

    mbstevens Guest

    kchayka wrote:
    > mbstevens wrote:
    >
    >>Tabular examples:
    >>
    >>TV guide page,

    > More specifically, the program listing pages. Articles are not.

    Unless, of course, it's one of those articles they're always
    publishing with a table of who's had "work" done, along with
    where (geographically and physiologically) it happened,
    and what year it happened, and
    what the previous and past sizes are in the cases of
    various kinds of enlargement or reduction surgeries. Then they might
    have a separate' table to describe their system for sizing lips.
    ;)
    mbstevens, Mar 14, 2006
  14. Gufus

    Gufus Guest

    Hi Toby,

    Tuesday March 14 2006, Toby Inkster writes to Gufus:

    > From:
    > <caption>Q3 Sales</caption>
    > <thead>

    Thank you sir.. more code to learn. Just not enough hours in a day. :)

    Gufus

    mailto:
    http://www.gypsy-designs.com

    .... BBSing-the most fun you'll have with clothes on.
    Gufus, Mar 14, 2006
  15. Gufus

    Gufus Guest

    Hi mbstevens,

    Tuesday March 14 2006, mbstevens writes to Gufus:

    > From:
    > The information in some of the cells refer to the
    > information in other cells, usually (but not necessarily)
    > across rows or down columns. Or, rows or columns contain
    > similar information.

    Okay, I understand what your saying here, interesting.

    > Tabular examples:
    > TV guide page,
    > algebraic matrix,
    > spreadsheet,
    > invoice.

    I do have experience in Lotus 123 and Excel. Thanks for the tips.

    Gufus

    mailto:
    http://www.gypsy-designs.com

    .... Their=not ours; There=a place; They're=They are.
    Gufus, Mar 14, 2006
  16. Gufus

    Gufus Guest

    Hi kchayka,

    Tuesday March 14 2006, kchayka writes to mbstevens:

    > From:
    > More specifically, the program listing pages. Articles are
    > not.

    Okay.

    Gufus

    mailto:
    http://www.gypsy-designs.com

    .... If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times, resist hyperbole.
    Gufus, Mar 14, 2006
  17. Gufus

    Gufus Guest

    Hi Toby,

    Tuesday March 14 2006, Toby Inkster writes to Gufus:

    > Gufus wrote:

    >> Okay, color me stupid, what do you mean "tabular data"?

    > <caption>Q3 Sales</caption>
    > <thead>

    Afternoon Toby...

    I have another question for you...

    How can I "right justify or left justify" images or text using tabular data?
    When I used to write tables, is was easy doing layout with text and images. :)

    Possible Values
    Value Description

    auto The browser calculates the actual width
    % Defines the width in % of the parent element's width
    length Defines the width in px, cm, etc.

    Gufus

    mailto:
    http://www.gypsy-designs.com

    .... Look, its a babble fish: ><> øúù<>< ><>úø
    Gufus, Mar 15, 2006
  18. Gufus

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Gufus wrote:

    > How can I "right justify or left justify" images or text using tabular
    > data?

    Huh?

    That question is like "How can I right justify images using poetry?" or
    "How can I left justify text using a recipe for spaghetti?"

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Mar 17, 2006
  19. Gufus

    Gufus Guest

    Hi Toby,

    Friday March 17 2006, Toby Inkster writes to Gufus:

    >> How can I "right justify or left justify" images or text
    >> using tabular data?

    >Hu?

    Well with this sample code you gave me ...

    <caption>Q3 Sales</caption>
    <thead>
    </thead>
    <tbody>
    </tbody>
    --------------

    It make a nice little table on the right side of the page, but what if I want
    this table spread right across the page (left to right) and I want each cell
    larger. In tables it's easy to do that ie: width=60% hspace=10% vspace=11%
    etc....

    Understand what I want?

    Gufus

    mailto:
    http://www.gypsy-designs.com

    .... It works better if you plug it in.
    Gufus, Mar 17, 2006
  20. Gufus

    saz Guest

    In article <134.z1.fidonet.org>,
    says...
    > Hi Toby,
    >
    > Friday March 17 2006, Toby Inkster writes to Gufus:

    > >> How can I "right justify or left justify" images or text
    > >> using tabular data?

    > >Hu?

    > Well with this sample code you gave me ...

    > <caption>Q3 Sales</caption>
    > <thead>
    > </thead>
    > <tbody>
    > </tbody>
    > --------------
    >
    > It make a nice little table on the right side of the page, but what if I want
    > this table spread right across the page (left to right) and I want each cell
    > larger. In tables it's easy to do that ie: width=60% hspace=10% vspace=11%
    > etc....
    >
    > Understand what I want?
    >
    > Gufus
    >
    > mailto:
    > http://www.gypsy-designs.com
    >
    > ... It works better if you plug it in.

    Hey group - why are you doing all the work for him? for a web designer,
    he appears to be completely lost.

    Gufus - get a good HTML and CSS book and learn it yourself. This is all
    basic stuff.

    Understand what the group wants?
    saz, Mar 17, 2006