Re: drop down

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Gufus, Mar 22, 2006.

  1. Gufus

    Gufus Guest

    Hi dorayme,

    Wednesday March 22 2006, dorayme writes to Gufus:

    > Hello Gufus, you mean what do I think about the page not
    > taking account of how it is coded? How it is layed out

    I guess the code, all the css stuff. I'm just trying to get a opinion on the
    coding, at one time, with all the tables I'm using another programer said
    everything is overlapping on the layout. I'm not sure what he meant by
    overlapping.. it looks fine in IE,FF,Netscape and Opera. I know I have my
    links on top of a backgroung image, but thats the way I wanted it.

    Gufus

    mailto:
    http://www.gypsy-designs.com

    .... Reading the small print is education; not reading it is experience.

    Gufus, Mar 22, 2006

  2. Gufus

    dorayme Guest

    In article <134.z1.fidonet.org>,
    (Gufus) wrote:

    > Hi dorayme,
    >
    > Wednesday March 22 2006, dorayme writes to Gufus:

    > > Hello Gufus, you mean what do I think about the page not
    > > taking account of how it is coded? How it is layed out

    > I guess the code, all the css stuff. I'm just trying to get a opinion on the
    > coding, at one time, with all the tables I'm using another programer said
    > everything is overlapping on the layout. I'm not sure what he meant by
    > overlapping.. it looks fine in IE,FF,Netscape and Opera. I know I have my
    > links on top of a backgroung image, but thats the way I wanted it.
    >

    > Gufus
    >
    > mailto:
    > http://www.gypsy-designs.com

    I've lost the original url you wanted if it is different to
    http://www.gypsy-designs.com This latter looks much better than
    the other the one you wanted, neater. Punters probably love all
    this rollover stuff (not me though! but, then, I have absurdly
    small expectations of a website and often find myself dying of
    overload)

    Your text, "A Web site runs a program called a Web server that
    allows it to process requests for information, such as a request
    for a document." look wrong to me. None of my websites have ever
    done this, at least not that I know about?

    Perhaps you should at last become familiar with the idea of
    separating content (expressed in the html) from the style
    (expressed in css). The evidence of your code suggests you are
    not onto this concept.

    Perhaps you could read http://www.alistapart.com/stories/journey/

    And maybe hang about here to see what is said to get the idea.

    How do you write up your stuff? You use font tags and center tags
    and this is puzzling if you are not using some wsiwig generator.
    Perhaps you are working from old html books?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Mar 23, 2006