Re: drop down

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Gufus, Mar 23, 2006.

  1. Gufus

    Gufus Guest

    Hi dorayme,

    Thursday March 23 2006, dorayme writes to Gufus:

    > I've lost the original url you wanted if it is different to
    > http://www.gypsy-designs.com This latter looks much better
    > than the other the one you wanted, neater. Punters probably

    Nope, thats just my main page, it still needs a make over. :)

    The URL is: http://www.gypsy-designs.com/example2.html

    This is the page I've been working on, all the ccs is now done and the drop
    down menus too. The layout is wrong, I've been told.

    A opinion on the coding, at one time, with all the tables I'm using another
    programer said everything is overlapping on the layout. I'm not sure what he
    meant by overlapping.. it looks fine in IE,FF,Netscape and Opera. I know I
    have my links on top of a background image, but thats the way I wanted it.

    Gufus

    mailto:
    http://www.gypsy-designs.com

    .... Running Windows is no better than washing them.

    Gufus, Mar 23, 2006

  2. Gufus

    dorayme Guest

    In article <134.z1.fidonet.org>,
    (Gufus) wrote:

    > Hi dorayme,
    >
    > Thursday March 23 2006, dorayme writes to Gufus:

    > > I've lost the original url you wanted if it is different to
    > > http://www.gypsy-designs.com This latter looks much better
    > > than the other the one you wanted, neater. Punters probably

    > Nope, thats just my main page, it still needs a make over. :)
    >
    > The URL is: http://www.gypsy-designs.com/example2.html
    >
    > This is the page I've been working on, all the ccs is now done and the drop
    > down menus too. The layout is wrong, I've been told.
    >
    > A opinion on the coding, at one time, with all the tables I'm using another
    > programer said everything is overlapping on the layout. I'm not sure what he
    > meant by overlapping.. it looks fine in IE,FF,Netscape and Opera. I know I
    > have my links on top of a background image, but thats the way I wanted it.

    Well, I think he might have meant the way the diagonal rects
    overlap the pic to the left (especially on enlarging text). It
    looks terrible (messy, confusing, hard to read...) this
    overlapping when one narrows the width of the window. Honestly,
    the main page is better looking, neater.

    Same comments I used before apply to this page.

    The only thing I can add is lose the html validation logo, it
    would mean little to the punters and it is... I don't want to
    hurt your feelings here Gufus... laughable to many of those who
    do know, for this reason: those who know and use such a
    validation service know that it means little when used with your
    DTD, tables layout, javascript, deprecated code. It says nothing
    about the aethetics or good webpage design. At best, it is a
    necessary but a very far from sufficient condition of excellence.

    Or put it this way, imagine selling a Russian car of 1960 vintage
    (in brand new condition even) with a mechanical/environmental
    validation sticker from 1971. The sticker, today, would look sad
    as the car belched and hiccupped its way from the car
    dealership...

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Mar 23, 2006