Re: dtd and quirk mode

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Chris Morris, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. Chris Morris

    Chris Morris Guest

    Steve Pugh <> writes:
    > "David Graham" <> wrote:
    > >I have a list of dtd's which will put IE6 into standard mode as opposed to
    > >quirk mode. Example
    > ><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
    > >"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
    > >
    > >When IE6 is in quirk mode it behaves like IE5.0 - is that a correct
    > >statement?

    > It won't behave exactly as IE5, but it will deliberately get
    > somethings (e.g. CSS box model) wrong like IE5 does.

    One big difference is that it will deal with stylesheet-hiding hacks
    as IE6, *not* duplicating IE5's errors there. I think it's only
    Tantek and CommentAfterSelector that this makes a difference for,
    though.

    --
    Chris
    Chris Morris, Jul 22, 2003