Re: DTD Correct ?

Discussion in 'XML' started by C. M. Sperberg-McQueen, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. "Matthias Knöchlein" <> writes:

    > I would like to use this

    > <!ENTITY stdrestrictive "true">
    >
    > <!ELEMENT navigation (chapter*)>
    > <!ATTLIST navigation
    > restrictive (true | false) "&stdrestrictive;">
    >
    > <!ELEMENT chapter EMPTY>
    > <!ATTLIST navigation
    > restrictive (true | false) "&stdrestrictive;">
    >
    > But XMLSpy says : "Unexpected choice '&stdrestrictive;' "
    > Is this a bug in XMLSpy or an incorrect DTD ?

    Both SP 1.3 and rxp seem to think this DTD is OK.
    Having reconsulted the spec to confirm that general
    entity references are legal inside default attribute
    values, I think they are right.

    -C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
    World Wide Web Consortium
    C. M. Sperberg-McQueen, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Thank you !!
    But I found that it's not allowed in enumerations(choices) .
    So this iscorrect

    <!ATTLIST navigation restrictive "&stdrestrictive;">

    and this not

    <!ATTLIST navigation restrictive (true | false) "&stdrestrictive;">

    matthias

    Matthias Knöchlein, Jul 10, 2003

  3. "Matthias Knöchlein" <> writes:

    > Thank you !!
    > But I found that it's not allowed in enumerations(choices) .
    > So this iscorrect
    >
    > <!ATTLIST navigation restrictive "&stdrestrictive;">
    >
    > and this not
    >
    > <!ATTLIST navigation restrictive (true | false) "&stdrestrictive;">

    Well, no, the first one lacks the required attribute default.

    Michael
    C. M. Sperberg-McQueen, Jul 12, 2003