Re: D'ya know a good book on XML and Java?

Discussion in 'XML' started by Bob Foster, Jul 27, 2003.

  1. Bob Foster

    Bob Foster Guest

    > I am thinking of buying "Processing XML with Java" by Elliotte Rusty
    Harold,
    > and maybe the O'Really book "Java & XML" by Brett McLaughlin.

    I have Elliotte Rusty Harold's book. It's good. The book is well-organized
    and has lots of practical examples. Executable code is available on his
    website. I've referred to it several times for some code to get started
    with. It's also good reading; he has a wry sense of humor that livens up the
    proceedings without getting in the way, and the few opinions/interpretations
    he chooses to express seem right on. I recommend it.

    Brett McLaughlin's book may be fine too, and I could probably read it
    through Safari for no (extra) charge, but I haven't felt the need.

    Bob Foster
    Bob Foster, Jul 27, 2003