Re: each process only has one main thread ,right ?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Cameron Simpson, Feb 6, 2013.

  1. On 06Feb2013 09:59, Dave Angel <> wrote:
    | The only place I now of where we care whether a particular thread in a
    | process is "the main thread" is with a gui, which usually can only sit
    | in a single, "main" thread. Any gui-related processing done in other
    | threads must be done very carefully.

    Single handlers run in the "main thread". So yes, we care if we're
    multithreaded.
    --
    Cameron Simpson <>

    But I have to say, I "non-concur." (Non-concur was a term I learned at
    IBM. IBM seemed to be a breeding ground for making up words and
    phrases, turning verbs into nouns, etc. "Non-concur" seems to be for
    those times when saying "I disagree" just isn't strong enough!)
    - Robert D. Seidman <>
    Cameron Simpson, Feb 6, 2013