Re: Eclipse Search and Replace with Emacs like Case Sensitivity

Discussion in 'Java' started by eschreiber@gmail.com, Jan 25, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Furthermore, I am having the following problem that seems to be of the
    same ilk.

    Consider this code inside of a jsp 2.0 tag:

    <c:eek:ut value="<%-- Item=[${item}] Name=[${item.name}]--%> "
    escapeXml="false" />

    which has the following output:

    <%--
    Item=[{[LanguageType=com.ch.edb.product.video.domain.LanguageType@16eacf1[
    sequenceNumber=1
    id=SP
    name=Spanish
    ]][subtitled=false][CC=false][audio=false]}] Name=[]--%>

    I don't understand how ${item.name} can be blank when the print out of
    item clearly shows that name=Spanish.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks again,

    Ethan

    Ethan Schreiber wrote:
    > Is there a way to make eclipse search and replace with case
    > sensitivity features similar to emacs. For example:
    >
    > Let's say I have the following line of code
    >
    > banana Banana BANANA
    >
    > In emacs, if I do a search and replace for "banana" with "apple", I
    > will get the following line:
    >
    > apple Apple APPLE
    >
    > With eclipse, I would get
    >
    > apple apple apple
    >
    > Is there a way to make eclipse work like emacs in this instance?
    >
    > Thank You,
    >
    > Ethan Schreiber

    , Jan 25, 2005