Re: Eclipse using nested packages

Discussion in 'Java' started by Tim Tyler, Aug 8, 2003.

  1. Tim Tyler

    Tim Tyler Guest

    Gary <> wrote:

    : I'm trying to create nested packages in Eclipse, like:

    : com.mydomain.myproject

    : That sort of thing. But, I can't seem to get Eclipse to do that, I
    : don't find any docs saying that I can't.

    : Can someone clear this up for me? Is it possible? Will they include
    : that in a future release?

    : I wish they would, because I can't really make anything without it, at
    : least, not anything major.

    Eclipse can use package names with multiple elements in.

    It can also navigate such packages as a heirarchical tree, with
    each package name a node in a tree, with collapsable branches.

    You create them using New->Package - or New->Other->Package from
    the right button menu.

    Or create them using the filing system and then hit "refresh" on the project.
    --

    Tim Tyler, Aug 8, 2003