Re: Elementtree install problem in Ubuntu (a newbie ..)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Philip Semanchuk, Mar 10, 2010.

  1. On Mar 10, 2010, at 6:48 PM, robert somerville wrote:

    > Hi ;
    > I installed the elementtree and celementree packages throught the
    > synaptic
    > package manager, all seems to go fine through the install ...
    >
    > when i startup python and try to import them (as per the EFFBOTT.org
    > suggestions) .. PROBLEMS ... (see below ..) What am i doing
    > wrong ??? this
    > is a new window after installation of packages ...
    >
    > Python 2.6.4 (r264:75706, Dec 7 2009, 18:43:55)
    > [GCC 4.4.1] on linux2

    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
    > ImportError: No module named elementtree.ElementTree

    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
    > ImportError: No module named elementtree

    Hi Robert,
    In Python >= 2.5, ElementTree is part the standard library so it
    doesn't need to be installed separately. Here's the documentation for
    it:
    http://www.python.org/doc/2.6.4/library/xml.etree.elementtree.html

    HTH
    Philip