Re: Email parsing library

Discussion in 'Java' started by Roedy Green, May 26, 2009.

  1. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 26 May 2009 13:59:27 -0500, Spud <> wrote,

    >I need some code that will split out and recognize common things in an
    >RFC 2822 email: headers, body text, quoted sections, signature blocks,
    >mime attachments.

    I presume JavaMail is unacceptable because it insists on talking to a
    mailserver, and you want it to analyse mail on a hard disk. It is
    open source. If you can't find anything else, perhaps you can
    cannibalise it.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    "Everybody’s worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there’s a really easy way: stop participating in it."
    ~ Noam Chomsky

    Roedy Green, May 26, 2009

  2. On Tue, 26 May 2009 15:45:08 -0700, Roedy Green wrote:

    > I presume JavaMail is unacceptable because it insists on talking to a
    > mailserver, and you want it to analyse mail on a hard disk. It is open
    > source. If you can't find anything else, perhaps you can cannibalise it.

    If that's the problem its easily fixed: just use the 3rd party mstor
    provider package, which is well supported. It lets JavaMail read and
    write mbox files or access messages in the Java Content Repository. I use
    mstor for mbox access - it works well.

    --
    martin@ | Martin Gregorie
    gregorie. | Essex, UK