RE: enable/disable widgets with checkbox(TKinter)

Discussion in 'Python' started by mark, Nov 4, 2003.

  1. mark

    mark Guest

    I'm not aware of a disable method for Entry, but you can set its 'state'
    option to DISABLED or NORMAL for inactive or active, respectively.

    In case you hadn't gotten there yet, you can throw in a little something
    to check the status of the checkbutton to determine if it needs to
    enable or disable the entry fields.

    def FlipState(self):
    self.test = self.CheckMode.get()
    if self.test == 1: #checked
    self.input_box['state'] = DISABLED
    elif self.test == 0: #unchecked
    self.input_box['state'] = NORMAL

    I haven't tested this code completely, and it doesn't check to see if,
    for some reason, the input box isn't in the correct state for the
    checkbutton status, but it should point you in the right direction.

    - Mark

    mark, Nov 4, 2003