Re: enabling asp.net on iis 5.1

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Teemu Keiski, May 5, 2004.

  1. Teemu Keiski

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Hi,

    run 'aspnet_regiis -i' from Framework's folder
    (%SYSTEM%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\<version>)

    If you have IIS installed first and you then install Framework, ASP.NET
    would be set up automatically.

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    http://blogs.aspadvice.com/joteke

    "Chris Curvey" <> wrote in message
    > This is so [expletive deleted] simple, but I've been searching for hours

    and I can't find it. I've installed the .net redistributable and the .net
    framework SDK. Now, how to I enable asp.net on IIS 5.1? Every time I try
    to read an aspx file, IIS tries to send back an octet stream. When I try to
    install the aspnet_isapi.dll as a new extension, MMC will not enable the
    "OK" button.

    Teemu Keiski, May 5, 2004