Re: Eric - "No module named MainWindow"

Discussion in 'Python' started by Joel Goldstick, Feb 17, 2013.

  1. On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 6:35 AM, Vincent Vande Vyvre <
    > wrote:

    > Le 17/02/13 10:08, Phil a écrit :
    > > Thank you for reading this.
    > >
    > > I've been playing with Eric all day and I almost have a working GUI
    > > application, but not quite. I have followed the two tutorials on the
    > > Eric site and I'm sure that I haven't miss entered anything and so I
    > > think the error is the result of something missing from my system or
    > > perhaps a path error.
    > >
    > > This is the error message:
    > >
    > > The debugged program raised the exception unhandled ImportError
    > > "No module named MainWindow"
    > > File: /home/phil/main.py, Line: 4
    > >
    > > And this is the code:
    > >
    > > !/usr/bin/python
    > >
    > > from PyQt4.QtGui import QApplication
    > > from ui.MainWindow import MainWindow
    > >
    > > def main():
    > > import sys
    > > app = QApplication(sys.argv)
    > > wnd = MainWindow()
    > > wnd.show()
    > > sys.exit(app.exec_())
    > >
    > > if __name__ == '__main__':
    > > main()
    > >
    > > I have tried mainWindow and mainwindow as well so it appears not to be
    > > a case error.
    > >

    > Are you sure you have a class MainWindow in your ui.MainWindow.py ?

    I just looked at the tutorial that you might be experimenting with on this
    page: http://eric-ide.python-projects.org/tutorials/MiniBrowser/index.html

    The class MainWindow is in mainwindow.py in the ui folder. I would try
    this:

    from ui.mainwindow import MainWindow

    > --
    > Vincent V.V.