Re: Error C2664: Cannot Convert Parameter 1 from 'x' to 'y'

Discussion in 'C++' started by Jack Klein, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Jack Klein

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:31:19 GMT, "Tim Mierzejewski"
    <> wrote in comp.lang.c++:

    > Could someone look through this code and tell me why I'm getting this error?
    > I'm only including the important code here. There's more obviously, but this
    > should be enough to solve the problem.
    >
    > #include "Creature.hpp" // This defines the class Creature.
    > void Minotaur(Creature *Player);
    >
    > int CreatureSelection;
    > cin >> CreatureSelection;
    > Creature *Play1 = new Creature
    > switch (CreatureSelection)
    > {
    > case (1):
    > Minotaur(*Play1); // Line #33

    Remove the asterisk in *Play1. Play1 is already a pointer to
    Creature. *Play1 would be the Creature object itself, not the
    pointer.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com