Re: error importing smtplib

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dieter Maurer, Nov 18, 2012.

  1. Eric Frederich <> writes:

    > So.... I'm guessing the problem is that after I log in, the process has a
    > conflicting libssl.so file loaded.
    > Then when I try to import smtplib it tries getting things from there and
    > that is where the errors are coming from.
    >
    > The question now is how do I fix this?

    Likely, you must relink the shared object containing
    your "FOO_login". When its current version was linked,
    the (really) old "libssl" has been current and the version was linked
    against it.
    As the binary objects for your shared object might depend on the old
    version, it is best, to not only relink but to recompile it as well.

    Dieter Maurer, Nov 18, 2012