Re: Error in reading and writing CSV format file in python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dave Angel, Feb 11, 2013.

  1. Dave Angel

    Dave Angel Guest

    On 02/11/2013 06:00 AM, inshu chauhan wrote:
    > In the programme below I am trying to read two csv format files and process
    > them and write a new file with some of theirs data.
    >
    > import csv
    > f1_reader = csv.reader(open(r"Z:\Weka
    > work\Feature_Vectors_Fullset_00.arff"))
    > f2_reader = csv.reader(open(r"Z:\Weka
    > work\Feature_Vectors_Fullset_00_noxy+class.arff"))
    > nf = open(r"Z:\Weka work\classified_image00_withoutxy.arff", "w")
    >
    > while True:
    > l1 = f1_reader.next()
    > while len(l1) != 12:
    > l1 = f1_reader.next()
    > l2 = f2_reader.next()
    > while len(l2) != 11:
    > l2 = f2_reader.next()
    >
    > ix = l1[0].strip()
    > iy = l1[1].strip()
    > classification = l2[8].strip()
    >
    > print >> nf, ix, iy, classification
    >
    > nf.close()
    >
    > This programme is giving me this error now :
    >
    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "Z:\Weka work\final_image_classificationwithoutxy.py", line 16, in
    > <module>
    > l2 = f2_reader.next()
    > StopIteration
    >

    > what could be a possible reason to StopIteration ???
    >

    > I checked the syntax and usage of this module looks alright to me , but
    > then why this error ?

    That's not an error, it's just a normal way to end a for-loop. If you
    were using a syntax like:
    for item in f2_reader:

    the StopIteration would simply end the loop. Since you're doing it
    manually, you have to handle the exception yourself.

    --
    DaveA
    Dave Angel, Feb 11, 2013