Re: Error loading large data into a daragrid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Karl, Sep 14, 2004.

  1. Karl

    Karl Guest

    As the error states, ASP.Net's worker process recycled itself because you
    exceeded the 60% limit. You can change this limit by going to:
    C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\CONFIG (windows on XP and you
    might have a different version) and editing the machine.config file. Look
    for <processModel which has a memoryLimit set to "60"

    However, do note that putting this higher (even to 100) is a poor bandaid.
    If three users hit the site at the same time, they'll cause the same thing
    to happen. I believe in IIS 6.0 you have a more refined control over this
    (physical and virtual memory limits)

    This thread might be of some use:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...o6rPnt5DHA.2768%40cpmsftngxa07.phx.gbl&rnum=1

    Karl

    --
    MY ASP.Net tutorials
    http://www.openmymind.net/

    "Manju" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Am developing an ASP.Net application using c#. At one point I need to bind

    > dataset to my DataGrid and display to the user. When the numbers of rows

    are
    > less there is no problem in binding the datagrid.
    > But when the number of rows is a large number I tested for 56K rows. The
    > DataBind() line generates an error and the aspnet_wp.exe restarts itself
    > automatically.
    >
    > An application event log is created as : aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 3336) was
    > recycled because memory consumption exceeded the 301 MB (60 percent of
    > available RAM).
    >
    > I have implemented paging PageSize 500.
    >
    > The test server is a 512MB RAM, 2.39GHz, 15GB Hard disk machine.
    >
    > Is the error because of the test server configuration or is there a limit

    in

    Karl, Sep 14, 2004

  2. Karl

    Hermit Dave Guest

    lol.. its either Hermit or Dave or both...but exclues the AND.. i think you
    meant KARL

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)
    "Manju" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks a lot Hermit and Dave, I shall increase my server RAM and proceed

    ahead.

    Hermit Dave, Sep 14, 2004