Re: ERROR:root:code for hash md5 was not found

Discussion in 'Python' started by dieter, Feb 4, 2013.

  1. dieter

    dieter Guest

    Ibad Kureshi U0850037 <> writes:

    > I am bit new to python and am struggling to install NumPy and SciPy on to Python 2.7. Based on my understanding I believe that the problem is with my Python install rather than the way I am installing NumPy. I have seen only two other threads that deal with this issue but both threads just end with no solutions.
    >
    > I am on a CENTOS 5.8 system. With python 2.7 installed from source in a self contained folder. I am using environment modules to manage the different versions of python.
    >
    > When I invoke the NumPy installer I get the following:
    >

    > python setup.py build --fcompiler=gnu95
    > Running from numpy source directory.ERROR:root:code for hash md5 was not found.
    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "/apps/libs/python/2.7.3/lib/python2.7/hashlib.py", line 139, in <module>

    This likely indicates some problem with "openssl" support:
    on some platforms, "hashlib" delegates to the "openssl" libraries.

    As a first step, I would verify that the "openssl" development
    package (on OS, not Python level) is installed. If not, install it.
    Then regenerate your local Python and check whether the problem
    has disappeared.

    dieter, Feb 4, 2013