    ld.so.1: ./a.out: fatal: libstdc++.so.5: open failed: No such file or directory
    Killed
    #

    ehab, Jul 7, 2003

  2. ehab

    ehab Guest

    I could search the man page for variables but no one talked about ld
    library that I should put it as a value .
    Those are the man page env. variables : please specify valuse for each
    one .

    LANG
    LC_CTYPE
    LC_MESSAGE
    LC_ALL
    TMPDIR
    GCC_EXEC_PREFIX
    COMPILER_PATH
    LIBRARY_PATH
    CPATH
    C_INCLUDE_PATH
    CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH
    OBJC_INCLUDE_PATH

    ehab, Jul 8, 2003

  3. ehab

    Dave Steffen Guest

    (ehab) writes:

    > I could search the man page for variables but no one talked about ld
    > library that I should put it as a value .
    > Those are the man page env. variables : please specify valuse for each
    > one .
    >
    > LANG
    > LC_CTYPE
    > LC_MESSAGE
    > LC_ALL
    > TMPDIR
    > GCC_EXEC_PREFIX
    > COMPILER_PATH
    > LIBRARY_PATH
    > CPATH
    > C_INCLUDE_PATH
    > CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH
    > OBJC_INCLUDE_PATH

    Again: these are all environment variables, their proper value depends
    on your environment. This is fundamentally an operating systems
    question; you should ask your system administrator. We have no way of
    knowing what these should be set to, because we don't know what your
    environment is (or, in my case, what some of those variables do).

    In principle, you should do your own investigating into what these
    variables mean and what they should be set to. A more practical
    solution is to ask your system administrator, or another user on the
    system who is inclined to be helpful.

    To answer your question: last time I looked, on Linux systems, the
    variable you need to set is called LD_LIBRARY_PATH. What you need to
    set it to is very system-dependent.

    Dave Steffen, Ph.D. Wave after wave will flow with the tide
    Dept. of Physics And bury the world as it does
    Colorado State University Tide after tide will flow and recede
    Leaving life to go on as it was...
    - Peart / RUSH
    "The reason that our people suffer in this way....
    is that our ancestors failed to rule wisely". -General Choi, Hong Hi

    Dave Steffen, Jul 9, 2003