Re: Eskimo.com, and hence C FAQ and Steve Summit, offline

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by dj3vande@csclub.uwaterloo.ca.invalid, Nov 13, 2009.

  1. Guest

    In article <>,
    Mark Brader <> wrote:
    >Steve Summit has asked me to tell you that his email address at
    >eskimo.com, and the C FAQ web site at c-faq.org, are both dead for
    >the present. This is because his ISP (Eskimo North) is no longer
    >in operation; as anything further would be off-topic for this
    >newsgroup, let's just say that it's not for technical reasons.

    Rumours of Eskimo's death turned out to be greatly exaggerated. (I'm
    also one of their customers, so I've been watching this closely.)

    They're back online, and I've just verified that c-faq.com is
    reachable, at least from my corner of the internet.

    (Reminder to everybody else: BACK UP YOUR STUFF! Preferably before
    your ISP has a near-death experience.)

    dave

    Elegant code is code that is readable, efficient, complete and without ugly
    corner cases. Almost by coincidence (?) such code also tends to be portable.
    --Terje Mathisen in comp.arch
    , Nov 13, 2009

  2. Flash Gordon Guest

    lid wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Mark Brader <> wrote:
    >> Steve Summit has asked me to tell you that his email address at
    >> eskimo.com, and the C FAQ web site at c-faq.org, are both dead for
    >> the present. This is because his ISP (Eskimo North) is no longer
    >> in operation; as anything further would be off-topic for this
    >> newsgroup, let's just say that it's not for technical reasons.

    > Rumours of Eskimo's death turned out to be greatly exaggerated. (I'm
    > also one of their customers, so I've been watching this closely.)
    >
    > They're back online, and I've just verified that c-faq.com is
    > reachable, at least from my corner of the internet.

    It's up from here too.

    > (Reminder to everybody else: BACK UP YOUR STUFF! Preferably before
    > your ISP has a near-death experience.)

    There's a site that sort-of does that for you...
    http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://c-faq.com
    Then select the version you want.
    --
    Flash Gordon