Re: Eureka! How to create or get rid of scrollbars in Netscape

Discussion in 'HTML' started by My Liege, Jul 30, 2003.

  1. My Liege

    My Liege Guest

    "rf" <> wrote in news:e6OVa.592$bo1.232@news-
    server.bigpond.net.au:

    > "My Liege" <> wrote in message
    >> (Hywel Jenkins) wrote in
    >>
    >> > It's a dumb thing to do. Have you tried viewing that page at

    640x480?
    >> > Have you tried it at 500w x 900h?

    >> Yep, fortunately most people surf with the window maximized

    > How do you know that? Please cite references to substantiate this

    claim.

    Try http://www.anypage.com and look at your browser window.

    My Liege, Jul 30, 2003

  2. My Liege

    rf Guest

    "My Liege" <> wrote in message
    > "rf" <> wrote in news:e6OVa.592$bo1.232@news-
    > server.bigpond.net.au:
    >

    > > "My Liege" <> wrote in message

    > >> Yep, fortunately most people surf with the window maximized

    > > How do you know that? Please cite references to substantiate this

    > claim.
    >

    > Try http://www.anypage.com and look at your browser window.

    Just how does that site substantiate your claim? It's just another rather
    boring looking fixed width site. It is, however, much better than your page.
    At least the content is easily accessible using the standard browser scroll
    bars, although I cannot read it as the text is in Chinese :)

    And how does "looking at my browser" substantiate your claim? In fact it
    does not. Quite the reverse. My browser is currently set to about 750 pixels
    wide by about 1050 pixels high, hardly full screen and most certainly not
    maximized.

    I'm still waiting for you to cite some reliable resource, not just a random
    web page. Until you do I can only assume you are talking out of your arse.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jul 30, 2003