    Thanks for the pedantic reply. I 2) already, it didn't work. I've been
    looking for a solution for nearly two days and read nearly all there is
    on this problem, still no solution! :(

    Iain Toft, Jul 17, 2003

  2. "Iain Toft" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Thanks for the pedantic reply. I 2) already, it didn't work. I've been

    *How* didn't it work? Can you post an example (as attachment, please!)?

    Julian F. Reschke, Jul 17, 2003

  3. Iain Toft

    Iain Toft Guest

    Using the:
    objStream.Charset = "ISO-8859-15"
    as suggested above provides the character ¤

    I tried a simple string replace with the HTML code too:
    function asCreateFile(path, name, content)
    content = replace(content, "EURODOLLAR", "€")

    This is really a nasty workaround and not solving the character problem.
    The database is on one server and the transformation done on another(web
    server), although they do have the same languages installed?

    Would it be anything to do with the XSLT sheets? Here is an excerpt from
    the style sheet used to do the transform:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
    <xsl:eek:utput encoding="UTF-8"/>

    Iain Toft, Jul 18, 2003
  4. In article <3f17aac1$0$201$>,
    Iain Toft <> wrote:
    >Using the:
    >objStream.Charset = "ISO-8859-15"
    >as suggested above provides the character ¤

    That's not very helpful - I have no idea whether I am seeing the same
    character that you intend, since it could well be munged by you news
    program or mine. Especially since your sent the message marked as
    plain ascii.

    > content = replace(content, "EURODOLLAR", "€")

    € is a control character, not the Euro symbol. This makes me
    suspect that you are really using some Windows encoding, even though
    you are putting utf-8 and iso-8859-whatever in your encoding
    declarations.

    -- Richard

    FreeBSD rules!

    Richard Tobin, Jul 18, 2003
  5. Iain Toft

    Mark Preston Guest

    On 18 Jul 2003 14:37:26 GMT, Iain Toft <> wrote:

    >This problem is probably more frustrating for you guys than it is me.

    Believe me, it isn't. I never tire of telling people - and hoping that
    one day it will finally get through - that THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A
    "EURODOLLAR". You mean the "Euro". That's it - just "Euro". No
    "dollar" in there at all.

    And, by the way, the Unicode character you want for it is "€"
    --
    Mark A. Preston, The Magpie's Nest, Lancashire, UK
    Website : www.magpiesnest.co.uk

    Mark Preston, Jul 20, 2003