Re: event driven programming

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Herbert Rosenau, Dec 27, 2009.

  1. On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 18:09:22 UTC, superpollo <>
    wrote:

    > hi clc.
    >
    > i see that from time to time people get rerouted to more appropriate
    > newsgroups when asking about windows applications.

    That is because windows is not C and C is not windows and this group
    is about C and not about windows or programmin under windows.

    > i would like to know if C gives any support to event driven (gui)
    > programming, with some examples if possible.

    This group is about C as defined by the standards.

    > i know there's nothing about it in the standard library, but i am really
    > courious about it:

    Oh, you've answered your question yourself!

    did anyone ever wrote a gui application using (a lot
    > of) standard C? is there some preferred way to isolate the non portable
    > part of the app?

    I've done that by using CORBA to write GUI an nonGUI applications in
    C.

    No question you can write complex and simple GUI applications using an
    OS dependant set of APIs written in C, C++, FORTRAN, Cobol, REXX or
    other programming languages inependat of the programming language used
    by the developer of the APIs.

    Most common APIs are written with a C interface optionally beside
    other languages too.

    So when you have questions to programming something under windowes
    you'll find the answer in a group spcific to the version of windows
    you'll use. The same for other OSes lik linux, MAC OS, OS/2,
    eComStation, or whatever.

    When you've a question about C but NOT about some properitary OS
    you'll welcome here.

    --
    Tschau/Bye
    Herbert

    eComStation 1.2R Deutsch ist da!

    Herbert Rosenau, Dec 27, 2009

  2. Herbert Rosenau

    Nobody Guest

    On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 12:29:29 +0000, Herbert Rosenau wrote:

    >> i would like to know if C gives any support to event driven (gui)
    >> programming, with some examples if possible.

    > This group is about C as defined by the standards.

    Actually, it's "Discussion about C"; anything more specific is a figment
    of some posters' imaginations.

    ftp://ftp.isc.org/usenet/control/comp/comp.lang.c.gz

    For discussion about the C standards, there's comp.std.c.

    Nobody, Dec 29, 2009