Event ID: 1074
Date: 3/30/2004
Time: 9:37:36 AM
User: N/A
Computer: ********
A worker process with process id of '3696' serving application pool
'DefaultAppPool' has requested a recycle because the worker process
reached its allowed processing time limit.
I noticed the trend in my Windows 2003 server system event log
recently. The time of occurrence is random and again this only happens
ONCE per day. I lose session state in my asp.net every time this happens
which is annoying. I checked the process model section in
machine.config and I'm using all the defaults here. Timeout is set to
"infinite"
Has anyone seen this? Any pointers on how I can troubleshoot this?
Unfortunately, I've searched the web and Microsoft's KB and could not
find any dirt on this event.

Guest

Thanks Matt

My application lives in the default application pool (DefaultAppPool). On the Recycling tab, the worker process is set to recycle every 1740 minutes. This would explain why I see the 1074 event on a daily basis!!! It strikes me as a strange default setting because of the potential impact on application session state. Two questions

1. Is this the default/recommended setting (I never physically changed this)

2. What is the best practice for recycling worker process and why recycle it

Thanks again

Ro

----- matt wrote: ----

There is a setting in IIS6 which specifies to recycle the worker proces
after a set time or an allowed processing limit

You need to look under Application pools in IIS manager to find th
relevant application pool, click properties you should then be able t
see exactly why this is happening

Mat
http://www.3internet.co.u
Inigo Content Management System - Asp.net C# CM

rob_boston said:
I've been receiving the following error once per day for the las several weeks
Event Source: W3SV
Event Category: Non
Event ID: 107
Date: 3/30/200
Time: 9:37:36 A
User: N/
Computer: *******
Description
A worker process with process id of '3696' serving application poo
'DefaultAppPool' has requested a recycle because the worker proces
reached its allowed processing time limitrecently. The time of occurrence is random and again this only happen
ONCE per day. I lose session state in my asp.net every time this happen
which is annoying. I checked the process model section i
machine.config and I'm using all the defaults here. Timeout is set t
"infiniteUnfortunately, I've searched the web and Microsoft's KB and could no
find any dirt on this event