Re: Events in HTML throught webservices...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Colt [MVP], Jul 11, 2003.

  1. Colt [MVP]

    Colt [MVP] Guest

    Hi Nathan,

    I think it's impossible to do so. Firstly, I'm not sure
    how's your Web Service work but it would return some "HTML
    code" of the remote web page, i.e. a "static" HTML code
    with some <table> - that may be the result of
    DataGrid.RenderControl() only.

    In order to sort or further manipulate with a DataGrid, a
    RoundTrip may require and 'another' static HTML code will
    be rendered and returned to you.

    If you can obtain the DataSource for the DataGrid into
    client side, then you can sort the datagrid without re-
    submit to the Web Services again, as client side sorting
    without PostBack of datagrid is possible. Well, it may off
    topic of this message and you'd better 'enhance' the Web
    Service to return a DataTable instead. :)

    Regards,
    Colt

    rendered page that
    >contains a DataGrid.
    >This webservice is used by another company to integrate

    with us. On load of
    >their page, they pump our HTML into their Literal control.
    >Is there any way for our rendered page to have events?

    For example, is it
    >possible for our rendered DataGrid to have sortable

    columns?

    Colt [MVP], Jul 11, 2003

  2. > In order to sort or further manipulate with a DataGrid, a
    > RoundTrip may require and 'another' static HTML code will
    > be rendered and returned to you.

    Yeah, just thought I'd check for sure.

    Cheers

    Nathan Baulch, Jul 11, 2003