Re: exception problem

Discussion in 'Python' started by MRAB, Jun 24, 2012.

  1. MRAB

    MRAB Guest

    On 24/06/2012 23:36, Chris Angelico wrote:
    > On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 8:26 AM, Charles Hixson
    > <> wrote:
    >> The code:
    >> finally:
    >> print ("at finally")
    >> print ("chunks =")
    >> produces this result:
    >> path 3...

    > Can you state more clearly the problem, please? I'm seeing output that
    > can't have come from the code posted (for instance, immediately after
    > the "at finally", I'm expecting to see the "chunks =" line), and I'm
    > not seeing any exception information, so I can't even hazard a guess
    > as to what's throwing the exception.

    I'd expect the output of:

    print (sys.exc_info()[:2])

    between these two lines:

    caught exception
    at finally

    That suggests to me that "sys" hasn't been imported and that's there's
    another exception somewhere that we're not seeing.

    MRAB, Jun 24, 2012