Re: Executable file

Discussion in 'Java' started by Gerbrand van Dieijen, Jul 4, 2003.

  1. On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 11:40:39 +0100, Jim wrote:
    >I am new in Java, and I've got a question.
    >Is it possible to create a frame (with few text boxes) and compile this to
    >an executable (single) file?
    >Could this be executed from a different computer (when the icon of the file
    >is double clicked) on it's own window (frame, in java)?

    Hello,

    yes this is possible (of course). You can combine them in an executable
    jar-file, that can be launched with from the explorer, using the
    standard java-tools
    It is also possible to wrap a jar file in a windows exe, to make it
    look slightly userfriendly using external tools.

    --
    Gerbrand van Dieijen

    WWW: http://twisted.warande.net
    ICQ: 19345450