Re: executables

Discussion in 'Python' started by Todd V. Rovito, Dec 19, 2003.

  1. Thus spoke km ():
    > how do i create a linux executable from a python script. is that possible
    > ? if so is it a real executable or its just a clever executable packaging
    > system which makes its size huge as in Perl. kindly enlighten, thanks,

    AFAIK there are two options.
    (1) py2exe which I think is a clever executable packaging system which makes
    its size huge as in Perl.
    (2) psyco which is like the JIT compiler for java, as I understand it this
    option requires lots of memory and is just starting to become popular.

    It is possible other solutions are known by more experienced people since I
    just started using Python last week.

    --
    Todd V. Rovito
    rovitotv at rovitotv dot org

    Todd V. Rovito, Dec 19, 2003

  2. Todd V. Rovito

    Jarek Zgoda Guest

    Todd V. Rovito <> pisze:

    > (2) psyco which is like the JIT compiler for java, as I understand it this
    > option requires lots of memory and is just starting to become popular.

    Psyco doesn't create executables. It just compiles and executes. And
    does this bloody well.

    --
    Jarek Zgoda
    Unregistered Linux User # -1