Re: Executing .exe on a remote Windows machine

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tim Golden, Nov 8, 2012.

  1. Tim Golden

    Tim Golden Guest

    On 08/11/2012 14:25, Kevin Holleran wrote:
    > Good morning,
    >
    > I wrote a python script to connect out to a bunch of my remote machines
    > that are running some software. It modifies a bunch of the config files
    > for me. After making the changes, I need to restart the software. The
    > way to do this is to call an .exe passing in a argument 'restart'
    > Simply restarting services is NOT acceptable & rebooting the machine
    > isn't either.
    >
    > I was trying to find a way to simply call the .exe on the remote machine
    > with subprocess but how can I get it to execute on the remote machine?
    > These machines do not have SSH.

    WMI can usually help with this (although there are limitations on what
    you can execute via WMI). Also people recommend sysinternals' psexec.
    (I've never tried it myself).

    TJG

    Tim Golden, Nov 8, 2012