Re: Executing untrusted scripts in a sandboxed environment

Discussion in 'Python' started by Mark Lawrence, Oct 6, 2012.

  1. On 05/10/2012 23:22, Robin Krahl wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I need to execute untrusted scripts in my Python application. To avoid security issues, I want to use a sandboxed environment. This means that the script authors have no access to the file system. They may only access objects, modules and classes that are "flagged" or "approved" for scripting.
    >
    > I read that I will not be able to do this with Python scripts. (See SandboxedPython page in the Python wiki [0] and several SE.com questions, e. g. [1].) So my question is: What is the best way to "embed" a script engine in a sandboxed environment that has access to the Python modules and classes that I provide?
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Robin
    >
    > [0] http://wiki.python.org/moin/SandboxedPython
    > [1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3068139/how-can-i-sandbox-python-in-pure-python

    As good a starting point as any
    http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t716131-challenge-escape-from-the-pysandbox.html
    ?

    Also throw "python experimental sandbox" into your search engine and
    follow your nose, something might come up smelling of roses :)

    --
    Cheers.

    Mark Lawrence.
    Mark Lawrence, Oct 6, 2012