Re: Expand macro's

Discussion in 'C++' started by Guy Harrison, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. Guy Harrison

    Guy Harrison Guest

    Darius Blaszijk wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I was wondering if there is something like a tool that does expand all
    > macro's from a project?? User defined and preferrably system macro's. Ok,
    > I know that the preprocessor does the same, but is there such a tool
    > without having to use the bulky preprocessor. Or if this is not possible,
    > how can I use the preprocessor to expand a project for me?? Please spell
    > it out for me, as I'm only a beginner in C. I use DJGPP as a compiler.

    I'm not sure what your intention is but I'm reasonably sure the answer is
    "don't do it" ;-)

    You'd want to see the preprocessor output if you suspected your idea of what
    it was doing differed from what it was actually doing. There isn't a
    standardised way to see this output though that said, the -E flag to unix
    gnu compilers may be worth a look - you'll need a djgpp forum for a
    definative answer. There is no way to "expand a whole project".

    --
    Guy Harrison
    Guy Harrison, Jul 22, 2003