Re: EXTERNAL: Re: missing python-config and building python on Windows

Discussion in 'Python' started by Terry Reedy, Aug 1, 2012.

  1. Terry Reedy

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 8/1/2012 7:47 AM, Damon Register wrote:
    > On 7/31/2012 11:49 PM, Mark Hammond wrote:
    >> On 1/08/2012 10:48 AM, Damon Register wrote:
    >>> 1. though I have looked in a few readme files, I don't see
    >>> instructions for
    >>> installing what I have just built using MSVC. Where can I find the
    >>> instructions for installing after building with MSVC?

    >> There is no such process. In general, you can just run directly from
    >> the built tree.

    > That is a bummer. That makes me more curious about how the Windows
    > installer was made and how all the pieces were gathered together.

    All I know is that the Windows installer is a .msi file created by a
    script that uses msilib. I don't know whether that script is in the
    repository.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy

    Terry Reedy, Aug 1, 2012