Re: Extra blank lines from printf.

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Eric Sosman, Mar 24, 2010.

  1. Eric Sosman

    Eric Sosman Guest

    On 3/24/2010 3:37 PM, Robbie Hatley wrote:
    > Perhaps I'm making some newbie, bonehead mistake here, but
    > I can't see what it is.[...]

    Here's something I noticed:

    > but what it *actually* prints is:
    >
    > Cels Fahr
    > 40.000 104.000
    >
    > 40.200 104.360

    .... contrasted with the source line

    > printf(" Fahr Cels\n");

    Note that the column headings are desrever. Also, note
    that while 40 Celsius is 104 Fahrenheit, 40 Fahrenheit is
    4.44 Celsius, not 104: The direction of conversion is
    also desrever. The output is not from some other program,
    not from the source code you showed.

    --
    Eric Sosman
    lid
    Eric Sosman, Mar 24, 2010

  2. Eric Sosman

    Eric Sosman Guest

    On 3/24/2010 4:40 PM, Eric Sosman wrote:
    > [...]
    > Note that the column headings are desrever. Also, note
    > that while 40 Celsius is 104 Fahrenheit, 40 Fahrenheit is
    > 4.44 Celsius, not 104: The direction of conversion is
    > also desrever. The output is not from some other program,
    > not from the source code you showed.

    Too much editing, not enough proofreading: That final
    sentence should have been "The output is from some other

    Eric Sosman, Mar 24, 2010