Re: Fastest web framework

Discussion in 'Python' started by Albert Hopkins, Sep 24, 2012.

  1. On Sun, 2012-09-23 at 12:19 +0300, Andriy Kornatskyy wrote:
    > I have run recently a benchmark of a trivial 'hello world' application for various python web frameworks (bottle, django, flask, pyramid, web.py, wheezy.web) hosted in uWSGI/cpython2.7 and gunicorn/pypy1.9... you might find it interesting:
    >
    > http://mindref.blogspot.com/2012/09/python-fastest-web-framework.html
    >
    > Comments or suggestions are welcome.

    The thing I don't like about these benchmarks is.. they tell you which
    framework is best for writing a trivial 'hello world' application. But
    no one writes trivial 'hello world' applications. A
    framework/programming language/software package/what-have-you. Can be
    really fast for trivial stuff, but perform much less favorably when
    performing "real-world" tasks. It's kind of the same argument that's
    used when people say X computer boots faster than Y computer. That's
    nice and all, but I spend much more of my time *using* my computer than
    *booting* it, so it doesn't give me a good picture of how the computers
    perform. This is why most "good" benchmarks run a series various tests
    based on real-world use cases.

    -a
    Albert Hopkins, Sep 24, 2012