RE: Fastest web framework

Discussion in 'Python' started by Prasad, Ramit, Sep 27, 2012.

  1. Andriy Kornatskyy wrote:

    > Try to see 'Hello World' benchmark as an answer to the question how effective
    > is the framework inside...
    >
    > If computer X boots faster than Y, it means it is more effective in this
    > particular area.
    >
    > If a sportsman runs a distance 1 second faster than other, he got a medal (it
    > is not quite adequate to say if I load sportsman with 50 kilo bag he will not
    > run that fast... just try split the concerns).
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Andriy

    Not really, it depends on what each computer is doing during
    boot.

    To switch to the sportsman analogy, if sportsman A has to run
    1 mile and along theway pick up 1 lb/kg every .1 mile while
    sportsman B has to pick up all the weight at the start.

    It is conceivable that sportsman A runs completes the run in
    10 minutes while sportsman B runs the time in 9 minutes.
    Sportsman A might run the first .1 miles faster (sportsman A
    "boots" faster, but that is most likely less important than
    the overall long-term/real-world time to complete the task.

    Prasad, Ramit, Sep 27, 2012