RE: Fastest web framework

Discussion in 'Python' started by Andriy Kornatskyy, Oct 2, 2012.

  1. In order to provide more reliable benchmark, I get rid of application server and network boundary. As a result I simulated a valid WSGI request and isolated calls just to the web framework alone. Also I found interesting totake a look at total number of calls and unique functions used by corresponding web framework.

    The post has been updated:

    http://mindref.blogspot.com/2012/09/python-fastest-web-framework.html

    Isolated benchmark source code is here:

    https://bitbucket.org/akorn/helloworld/src/tip/benchmark.py

    I should mention several web frameworks experience huge memory leaks in this benchmark.

    BONUS: added benchmark for python 3.3 (for the web frameworks that support it) and plain simple WSGI application (for contrast).

    Comments or suggestions are welcome.

    Thanks.

    Andriy Kornatskyy

    Andriy Kornatskyy, Oct 2, 2012