RE: Fastest web framework

Discussion in 'Python' started by Andriy Kornatskyy, Oct 16, 2012.

  1. Alex,

    Thank you, see my answers inline to your comments:

    > Performance speed is possibly the least interesting aspect of web
    > frameworks;

    Performance and effectivity are related metrics. Longer feature list can not explain why it less effective. An answer to effectivity question might berelated to:
    - code quality (we have PEP8)
    - architectural decisions taken
    - core team experience
    - historical path, etc.

    > ease of use & readily re-usable 3rd party code figures
    > much higher, IMO.

    I think these are very valid requirements for the modern web framework. I believe all web frameworks are easy to use (... some too seriously take this?), of cause readability/flexibility counts.

    There is a problem with 3rd party code... it should evolve with framework.... so good one become a part of it. 3rd party UI things are good, until you start `customize` them, patch, workaround, etc. This is where pain come from. However, there are exceptions. Can you name few?

    > Rather than constantly hammer on about performance,
    > maybe you could take the time to explain any other advantages your
    > framework provides.

    Let me state this: "wheezy.web let you design web application to be able run it at the speed of `hello world`, even database driven one".

    Here is how: use content caching with cache dependency. Read more:
    http://packages.python.org/wheezy.http/userguide.html#content-cache

    Invest 30 minutes to understand it:
    http://packages.python.org/wheezy.web/tutorial.html

    All web frameworks are good, some better. It is important what you see asan advantage...

    Thanks.

    Andriy Kornatskyy

    Andriy Kornatskyy, Oct 16, 2012