Re: Fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file 'afxsock.h': No suchfile or directory

Discussion in 'C++' started by jacob navia, Aug 31, 2010.

  1. jacob navia

    jacob navia Guest

    Le 31/08/10 00:28, Johnson a écrit :
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I am porting my windows project from my desktop and my laptop. At my
    > desktop, I can compile and run my project/application without any
    > problem, while at my laptop, I got the following compilation error:
    >
    > Fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file 'afxsock.h': No such file or
    > directory
    >
    > Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition is used for both cases. The two
    > computers have virtually the same settings:
    > My desktop runs Windows Vista Home Premium (2007), SP2
    > My laptop runs Windows Vista Ultimate (2007), SP2
    >
    > Any idea for the fatal error?
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

    As the compiler tells you, you do not have afxsock.h. In my installation
    of visual c++ it is in

    \Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include

    You should copy the missing files and libraries from your desktop
    into your laptop.

    jacob navia, Aug 31, 2010

  2. jacob navia

    Bo Persson Guest

    jacob navia wrote:
    > Le 31/08/10 00:28, Johnson a écrit :
    >> Hi there,
    >>
    >> I am porting my windows project from my desktop and my laptop. At
    >> my desktop, I can compile and run my project/application without
    >> any problem, while at my laptop, I got the following compilation
    >> error: Fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file 'afxsock.h': No
    >> such
    >> file or directory
    >>
    >> Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition is used for both cases. The two
    >> computers have virtually the same settings:
    >> My desktop runs Windows Vista Home Premium (2007), SP2
    >> My laptop runs Windows Vista Ultimate (2007), SP2
    >>
    >> Any idea for the fatal error?
    >>
    >> Thank you!
    >>
    >> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints:
    >> ---

    > As the compiler tells you, you do not have afxsock.h. In my
    > installation of visual c++ it is in
    >
    > \Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include
    >
    > You should copy the missing files and libraries from your desktop
    > into your laptop.

    Or, for the Express Edition which doesn't come with ATL or MFC,
    install the Windows Platform SDK.

    Bo Persson

    Bo Persson, Aug 31, 2010

  3. jacob navia

    jacob navia Guest

    Le 31/08/10 18:19, Bo Persson a écrit :
    > jacob navia wrote:
    >> Le 31/08/10 00:28, Johnson a écrit :
    >> You should copy the missing files and libraries from your desktop
    >> into your laptop.

    > Or, for the Express Edition which doesn't come with ATL or MFC,
    > install the Windows Platform SDK.
    >

    > Bo Persson

    Sure, that is a far better option.
    :)