Re: Finding the full path of a c++ compiled executable in Visual C++

Discussion in 'C++' started by Josephine Schafer, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. "Philip Morley" <> wrote in message
    > I want my C++ executable to return the full path it was executed from on a
    > Windows box using Microsoft Visual C++.
    >
    > In the past on Unix systems I have used argv[0], but on Windows argv[0]
    > seems to return the DOS command, not the full path.
    >
    > Any suggestions on how to do this with Visual C++ would be appreciated.

    Sorry it is offtopic here.
    Please ask such questions on microsoft.public.vc.language newsgroup.

    <offtopic>
    Since I know the answer -
    GetModuleFileName ()
    </offtopic>

    --
    With best wishes,
    J.Schafer

    Josephine Schafer, Jul 21, 2003

  2. "Josephine Schafer" <> wrote in message

    > "Philip Morley" <> wrote in message
    > > I want my C++ executable to return the full path it was executed from on

    > > Windows box using Microsoft Visual C++.
    > >
    > > In the past on Unix systems I have used argv[0], but on Windows argv[0]
    > > seems to return the DOS command, not the full path.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions on how to do this with Visual C++ would be appreciated.
    > >

    > Sorry it is offtopic here.
    > Please ask such questions on microsoft.public.vc.language newsgroup.
    >
    > <offtopic>
    > Since I know the answer -
    > GetModuleFileName ()
    > </offtopic>
    >
    > --
    > With best wishes,
    > J.Schafer

    Will do in the future. Thanks for your reply.

    Philip Morley, Jul 21, 2003