Re: finished new design for my website

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Denise Enck, Jul 31, 2003.

  1. Denise Enck

    Denise Enck Guest

    "AC" <> wrote in message
    > Hello
    > I've just finished the new design for my website and I would like some
    > feedback
    > on it please.
    >
    > You can view it at www.audioconverter.info
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > AC

    It's aesthetically pleasing.

    But you need to run it through the validator, there are many errors.
    http://validator.w3.org

    For starters ~
    Your DOCTYPE and META tags should be in the HEAD of your document.
    You can only have one HEAD and one BODY

    and please don't use FrontPage. It sucks. It doesn't make good webpages.
    Learn how to write HTML yourself (it's not hard) or at least get something a
    little better like Dreamweaver.

    best,
    Denise
    Denise Enck, Jul 31, 2003

  2. Denise Enck

    Denise Enck Guest

    "Denise Enck" wrote:
    > "AC" wrote
    > > Hello
    > > I've just finished the new design for my website and I would like some
    > > feedback
    > > on it please.
    > >
    > > You can view it at www.audioconverter.info
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance
    > > AC
    > >

    > For starters ~
    > Your DOCTYPE and META tags should be in the HEAD of your document.
    > You can only have one HEAD and one BODY

    oops, I mistyped.
    The DOCTYPE should immediately precede the HEAD
    Denise Enck, Jul 31, 2003

  3. Denise Enck

    rf Guest

    "Hywel Jenkins" <> wrote in message
    > In article <nc0Wa.126490$>,
    > says...
    > > "Denise Enck" wrote:

    > > oops, I mistyped.
    > > The DOCTYPE should immediately precede the HEAD

    > DOCTYPE should precede the <HTML>.

    And so as to not trigger quirks mode in one very well used browser it must
    be the very first line of the document. Nothing at all before it. Even:

    <!-- comment -->
    <!DOCTYPE ...

    will trigger quirks mode, as will leaving out the URL to a DTD, as I see AC
    has done. It does not even matter if the URL leads to a 404, just so long as
    it is there.

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Jul 31, 2003