RE: fire event when click on specific cell in dataGrid using asp.net

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?YW5nc3JhbQ==?=, Jul 28, 2004.

1. In order to add click event to the entire row of datagrid, add a link button as a hidden column to the datagrid and then in ItemDataBound event of datagrid, we can attribute the link click event to the entire row in the following way :
    //Get the link button
    LinkButton lnkButton = (LinkButton)grdEventArgs.Item.Cells[0].Controls[0];

// add the click event to the entire list item
    grdEventArgs.Item.Attributes["onclick"] = Page.GetPostBackClientHyperlink(lnkButton, "");

thats it..when the user clicks on the row, the row is selected and SelectedIndex event is fired which we can catch in the code behind and get the SelectedIndex value.
    hope this answers you.

=?Utf-8?B?YW5nc3JhbQ==?=, Jul 28, 2004
    1. Advertising

2. RE: fire event when click on specific cell in dataGrid using asp.n

pleaze tell me how we can use selectedindexchange event. because i am using nested grid. when i click on child datagrid then that row is selected. the selectedindexchange event also fired. but problem is how i get the specific cell value.where i click in child dataGrid. because the event arguments has two methods. empty and gettype. plz help me out.

"angsram" wrote:

> In order to add click event to the entire row of datagrid, add a link button as a hidden column to the datagrid and then in ItemDataBound event of datagrid, we can attribute the link click event to the entire row in the following way :
    > //Get the link button
    > LinkButton lnkButton = (LinkButton)grdEventArgs.Item.Cells[0].Controls[0];
    >
    > // add the click event to the entire list item
    > grdEventArgs.Item.Attributes["onclick"] = Page.GetPostBackClientHyperlink(lnkButton, "");
    >
    > thats it..when the user clicks on the row, the row is selected and SelectedIndex event is fired which we can catch in the code behind and get the SelectedIndex value.
    > hope this answers you.
    >

=?Utf-8?B?dGVuemVlbC4=?=, Jul 31, 2004
    1. Advertising