re-fire global.asa ?

Ted Dawson

Last week I was storing my variables in a database and retrieving them on
every page of my application, but this week I want to retrieve them only
once and store them in an application variable. This works, but if I have to
change one of the variables, the application variable remains unchanged
until the web server is restarted, thus re-firing global.asa.

Is there a way to force global to fire again, refreshing my variables?

Evertjan.

Ted Dawson wrote on 10 okt 2004 in
Last week I was storing my variables in a database and retrieving them
on every page of my application, but this week I want to retrieve them
only once and store them in an application variable. This works, but
if I have to change one of the variables, the application variable
remains unchanged until the web server is restarted, thus re-firing
global.asa.

Perhaps next week ...

Seriously, I do not believe you cannot change application variables in real
time. My active visitor counter would not work, if that were true
Is there a way to force global to fire again, refreshing my variables?

Yes, but you will end all the active sessions.
Your users will not like that.

dlbjr

Ted,

They are application Variables. So when you make changes to the variables and save to the database
just do this.

Application.Lock
Application("VAR1") = var1newvalue
"""
"""
"""
Application.UnLock

This will update the variables and not loss the session variable data to connected clients.