Re: Fixing Dirt Filthy Front Page Code

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Steve Horrillo, Jul 3, 2005.

  1. On 3-Jul-2005, Adrienne <> wrote:

    > The problem with multiposting is that you _do_ have to check serveral
    > groups, and that wastes _your_ time. If you cross post, and set one
    > follow-up to group, then you can get all the answers in several groups
    > whilst only having to check back with one. Also, cross posting is better
    > because others in those cross posted groups may have a similar problem,
    > and will see the response(s). With multiposting, a post replied to in
    > group X will not be seen by a lurker in group Y.
    >
    > Therefore, your answer will probably be quicker, and probably more
    > accurate.

    So what you're saying is that multi or singular posting gets you quality
    reply's versus quantity? The way my reader Newsrover works is that you set
    up an interest group which will scan a reply in any groups you choose. Then
    you can set the filters to only download direct reply's to your subject,
    name, e-mail address etc. I've tried it the other way and it seems that the
    highest quality responses come as a direct answer to my post. After that it
    mutates into another topic or ego banter. I guess some people see Usenet
    groups as a warm fuzzy private discussion group rather than the original
    bulletin board it was designed to be.

    --
    Warmest regards,

    Steve Horrillo, Realtor / C.Ht.
    http://BrokerAgentTraining.com (MLXchange & Computer Training for Real
    Estate Professionals)
    http://over100percent.com (Realtors Earn Over 100 Percent at EXIT Realty)
    http:/HipFSBO.com (Object to Paying Commission? Find a FSBO Friendly Real
    Estate Professional)
    http://eLOWn.com ("Got a heartbeat?" Get a loan! Credit Repair Library)
    Steve Horrillo, Jul 3, 2005

  2. Steve Horrillo

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Steve Horrillo quothed

    > ...I guess some people see Usenet
    > groups as a warm fuzzy private discussion group rather than the original
    > bulletin board it was designed to be.

    I'd agree except the phrase "warm fuzzy private" keeps inhibiting my
    resolve.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Jul 3, 2005