Re: Fixing Dirt Filthy Front Page Code

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Steve Horrillo, Jul 3, 2005.

  1. On 3-Jul-2005, GreyWyvern <> wrote:

    > Usenet is *not* about you giving and getting the knowledge you need in the
    >
    > least amount of time possible. It is a *collective* drive for
    > enlightenment. If you post your message in 5 newsgroups and get a great
    > answer in the fourth, your method of posting has deprived *anyone* in
    > those other four groups of any benefit from your post or the answer which

    That's were our outlook differs. The Internet and Usenet is about efficient
    tranfer of INFORMATION. Not for making friends. You can find a Circle Jerk
    without the use of a computer.

    > was provided.
    >
    > Essentially, you've added to the usenet dead-weight: Threads in newsgroups
    >
    > which never get answered. Oh yesh, this is a taboo we need to get rid of;
    >
    > we definitely need less closure and more confusion on usenet.

    You need to get Newsrover and that will end your confusion.

    --
    All the best,

    NOYB

    Warmest regards,

    Steve Horrillo, Realtor / C.Ht.
    http://BrokerAgentTraining.com (MLXchange & Computer Training for Real
    Estate Professionals)
    http://over100percent.com (Realtors Earn Over 100 Percent at EXIT Realty)
    http:/HipFSBO.com (Object to Paying Commission? Find a FSBO Friendly Real
    Estate Professional)
    http://eLOWn.com ("Got a heartbeat?" Get a loan! Credit Repair Library)

    Steve Horrillo, Jul 3, 2005

  2. Steve Horrillo

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Steve Horrillo quothed

    > > Usenet is *not* about you giving and getting the knowledge you need in the
    > >
    > > least amount of time possible. It is a *collective* drive for
    > > enlightenment. If you post your message in 5 newsgroups and get a great
    > > answer in the fourth, your method of posting has deprived *anyone* in
    > > those other four groups of any benefit from your post or the answer which

    > That's were our outlook differs. The Internet and Usenet is about efficient
    > tranfer of INFORMATION. Not for making friends. You can find a Circle Jerk
    > without the use of a computer.

    Yeah but can you Google while you're jerking?

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Jul 3, 2005

  3. Steve Horrillo

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, Steve Horrillo <>
    said:

    > The Internet and Usenet is about efficient
    > tranfer of INFORMATION.

    The Internet and Usenet are 2 completely different beasts.

    Usenet is a discussion forum. It does not exist to answer your
    questions. If your question does get answered, good for you, but that's
    incidental to the discussion. However if you do want your questions
    answered, you will increase your chances by following the conventions of
    the groups you are posting in, instead of doing your best to get
    killfiled by everyone.

    > You need to get Newsrover and that will end your confusion.

    Hardly. Because even then, to avoid seeing your multiple posts we would
    have to set up "interest groups" containing the same groups that you are
    multi-posting to. That's never going to work, because everyone who
    multi-posts, does it to different groups of newsgroups. Much easier to
    point out the error of their ways, in an effort to make Usenet a better
    place for all of us.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Jul 4, 2005
  4. Steve Horrillo

    Baho Utot Guest

    begin virus.scr.txt On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 12:23:34 +0000, Steve Horrillo
    wrote:

    > On 3-Jul-2005, GreyWyvern <> wrote:
    >
    >> Usenet is *not* about you giving and getting the knowledge you need in the
    >>
    >> least amount of time possible. It is a *collective* drive for
    >> enlightenment. If you post your message in 5 newsgroups and get a great
    >> answer in the fourth, your method of posting has deprived *anyone* in
    >> those other four groups of any benefit from your post or the answer which

    > That's were our outlook differs. The Internet and Usenet is about efficient
    > tranfer of INFORMATION. Not for making friends. You can find a Circle Jerk
    > without the use of a computer.
    >

    >> was provided.
    >>
    >> Essentially, you've added to the usenet dead-weight: Threads in newsgroups
    >>
    >> which never get answered. Oh yesh, this is a taboo we need to get rid of;
    >>
    >> we definitely need less closure and more confusion on usenet.

    > You need to get Newsrover and that will end your confusion.

    It doesn't work on my platform:

    Linux server.kumusta.org 2.4.22.2005-04-24 #1 Sun Apr 24 09:00:20 EDT 2005
    i586 GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

    You lose

    --
    Tayo'y Mga Pinoy

    Baho Utot, Jul 4, 2005
  5. On 4-Jul-2005, Mark Parnell <> wrote:

    > You need to get Newsrover and that will end your confusion.
    >
    > Hardly. Because even then, to avoid seeing your multiple posts we would
    > have to set up "interest groups" containing the same groups that you are
    > multi-posting to. That's never going to work, because everyone who
    > multi-posts, does it to different groups of newsgroups. Much easier to
    > point out the error of their ways, in an effort to make Usenet a better
    > place for all of us.

    It has duplicate message exclusion. But you're right about "when in Rome."

    Steve Horrillo, Jul 4, 2005
  6. On 4-Jul-2005, Baho Utot <> wrote:

    > It doesn't work on my platform:
    >
    > Linux server.kumusta.org 2.4.22.2005-04-24 #1 Sun Apr 24 09:00:20 EDT 2005
    > i586 GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
    > up 70 days, 14:21, 20 users, load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.00
    >
    > You lose

    I lose? As much as I dislike Microsoft's business practices I'm not going to
    shoot myself in the foot.

    Steve Horrillo, Jul 4, 2005
  7. Steve Horrillo wrote:
    > You need to get Newsrover and that will end your confusion.

    First, we all got "treated" to Web sites that had lines like "Best
    Viewed with [browser name] version [number] at [number]x[number]
    resolution on [platform]", telling us that we were second-class citizens
    because our browser/platform/screen of choice differed.

    Next, we got spam e-mails that emulated this by telling us to upgrade
    our mail program to properly view their ads, if we had the effrontery
    to, for instance, use a mail program that is configured to display the
    plain-text version of a multipart message instead of the HTML one.

    Now, even Usenet isn't free of this, as we have posts like yours that
    tell us that they're best viewed in the author's favorite newsreader!

    Where will this end?

    --
    == Dan ==

    Daniel R. Tobias, Jul 4, 2005
  8. Daniel R. Tobias wrote:
    > Steve Horrillo wrote:
    >> You need to get Newsrover and that will end your confusion.

    > First, we all got "treated" to Web sites that had lines like "Best
    > Viewed with [browser name] version [number] at [number]x[number]
    > resolution on [platform]", telling us that we were second-class citizens
    > because our browser/platform/screen of choice differed.

    > Next, we got spam e-mails that emulated this by telling us to upgrade
    > our mail program to properly view their ads, if we had the effrontery
    > to, for instance, use a mail program that is configured to display the
    > plain-text version of a multipart message instead of the HTML one.

    > Now, even Usenet isn't free of this, as we have posts like yours that
    > tell us that they're best viewed in the author's favorite newsreader!

    > Where will this end?

    In the bin, with Horrillo? :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 4, 2005
  9. Steve Horrillo

    Baho Utot Guest

    begin virus.scr.txt On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 13:07:51 +0000, Steve Horrillo
    wrote:

    > On 4-Jul-2005, Baho Utot <> wrote:
    >
    >> It doesn't work on my platform:
    >>
    >> Linux server.kumusta.org 2.4.22.2005-04-24 #1 Sun Apr 24 09:00:20 EDT 2005
    >> i586 GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
    >> up 70 days, 14:21, 20 users, load average: 0.00, 0.03, 0.00
    >>
    >> You lose

    > I lose? As much as I dislike Microsoft's business practices I'm not going to
    > shoot myself in the foot.

    Yes you lose, Think about it a little bit

    --
    Tayo'y Mga Pinoy

    Baho Utot, Jul 5, 2005