Re: Fixing PDF EOF Errors with PyPDF

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dennis Lee Bieber, Nov 15, 2010.

  1. On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 15:30:38 -0800, Brett Bowman <>

    > Which appears to successfully append all of the files, as the exception is
    > never triggered and "Fixed" always returned,
    > but subsequent attempts to open the files all failed. Yet all of those
    > files can be open successfully with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
    > Is this code inorrect or is there some other way to correct this error? Or
    > does the code depend on the system?
    > (I'm using Windows XP, but I believe the author was using a *nix)

    I'd suggest opening the files in a plain text editor and studying
    the PDF markup to see if there is some obvious inconsistency...

    And maybe try "\r%%EOF\r" just in case PDF wants those markers on
    fresh lines.

    A random PDF on my system ends with (using <cr> to represent
    carriage return):
    startxref<cr>
    386554<cr>
    %%EOF<cr>