Re: Flicker when using big background images in non Firefox browser

Discussion in 'HTML' started by dorayme, Jan 3, 2011.

  1. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Cecil Westerhof <> wrote:

    > ...when using a browser other as Firefox you first get a blue
    > background and after this the background image ...
    > is displayed. Firefox does display immediately the
    > background without first displaying the blue background. Is there a
    > way to get this also working in the other browsers? Immediately
    > displaying the background image, without first displaying the
    > background color?

    Is that, I am just guessing here, the URL that has as source:

    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD html 4.01//EN"
    <head>
    charset=utf-8">
    <title>flicker</title>
    html, body, div {height: 100%; width: 100%; margin: 0;}
    div {background: #009 url(pics/crimson.png);}
    </head>

    ?

    --
    dorayme