Re: Float design for thumbnail table

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Neredbojias, May 11, 2010.

  1. Neredbojias

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 10 May 2010, Alfred Molon <> wrote:

    > I tried this example:
    > http://tinyurl.com/2jcs5r
    >
    > But it fails when the thumbnails have a variable width:
    > http://www.molon.de/test/csspo/index3.html
    >
    > All thumbnails are squeezed. Removing the width/height lock of the
    > div tags yields this:
    > http://www.molon.de/test/csspo/index4.html
    >
    > And this is how the page should look like:
    > http://www.molon.de/galleries/Australia/Sydney/Night/
    >
    > Any suggestions about how to make a thumbnail table with variable
    > width thumbnails float nicely?

    Floats shmoats. See this:

    http://www.neredbojias.org/cgalx.html

    --
    Neredbojias

    http://www.neredbojias.org/
    http://www.neredbojias.net/
    Neredbojias, May 11, 2010

  2. Neredbojias

    123Jim Guest

    "Neredbojias" <> wrote in message
    > On 10 May 2010, Alfred Molon <> wrote:
    >
    >> I tried this example:
    >> http://tinyurl.com/2jcs5r
    >>
    >> But it fails when the thumbnails have a variable width:
    >> http://www.molon.de/test/csspo/index3.html
    >>
    >> All thumbnails are squeezed. Removing the width/height lock of the
    >> div tags yields this:
    >> http://www.molon.de/test/csspo/index4.html
    >>
    >> And this is how the page should look like:
    >> http://www.molon.de/galleries/Australia/Sydney/Night/
    >>
    >> Any suggestions about how to make a thumbnail table with variable
    >> width thumbnails float nicely?

    > Floats shmoats. See this:
    >
    > http://www.neredbojias.org/cgalx.html

    It's nice! .. The funny thing here is: Who is it that that resizes their
    browsers and sees that wonderful smooth floating effect? it's not the users,
    it's only the layout obsessive's like us :))

    You keep the images centred with text align?:
    #ct1 {
    font-size:80%;
    font-weight:bold;
    margin:auto;
    max-width:1280px;
    padding-right:1px;
    text-align:center; <--------??????
    }
    123Jim, May 11, 2010

  3. Neredbojias

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 10 May 2010, "123Jim" <> wrote:

    > "Neredbojias" <> wrote in message
    >> On 10 May 2010, Alfred Molon <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I tried this example:
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/2jcs5r
    >>>
    >>> But it fails when the thumbnails have a variable width:
    >>> http://www.molon.de/test/csspo/index3.html
    >>>
    >>> All thumbnails are squeezed. Removing the width/height lock of the
    >>> div tags yields this:
    >>> http://www.molon.de/test/csspo/index4.html
    >>>
    >>> And this is how the page should look like:
    >>> http://www.molon.de/galleries/Australia/Sydney/Night/
    >>>
    >>> Any suggestions about how to make a thumbnail table with variable
    >>> width thumbnails float nicely?

    >> Floats shmoats. See this:
    >>
    >> http://www.neredbojias.org/cgalx.html
    >>

    > It's nice! .. The funny thing here is: Who is it that that resizes
    > their browsers and sees that wonderful smooth floating effect? it's
    > not the users, it's only the layout obsessive's like us :))

    Hahaha, could be! I even get a kick outta resizing a playing video

    > You keep the images centred with text align?:
    > #ct1 {
    > font-size:80%;
    > font-weight:bold;
    > margin:auto;
    > max-width:1280px;
    > padding-right:1px;
    > text-align:center; <--------??????
    > }

    Yeah, I think so. That centers the whole page and ?I think? is
    inherited in the image container. (It's easy enough to try/mess with
    when doing the markup.)

    --
    Neredbojias

    http://www.neredbojias.org/