    I believe my problem is due to the fonts being different sizes. Can
    someone suggest a set of fonts that are the same size?

    www.richardfisher.com

    Helpful person, Oct 2, 2009

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Helpful person <>
    writing in news:dc403d6e-73ac-400b-8d3c-3ca3ae74d224
    @r36g2000vbn.googlegroups.com:

    Does this help? http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info/fonttext.php

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Oct 2, 2009

  3. Helpful person

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Helpful person <> wrote:

    > I have a similar problem with my site looking different for different
    > browsers to an extent that is barely acceptable. I am using the font
    > definition:
    >
    > font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, san-serif;

    Take Verdana out to avoid much documented webpage problems.

    > I believe my problem is due to the fonts being different sizes. Can
    > someone suggest a set of fonts that are the same size?

    Just my $US7.50s worth (OK, I'm not cheap, so what?): If your pages are
    so designed as to look bad in some browsers because the fonts are a bit
    different, there is more than font trouble with your pages.

    Instead of wanting to eliminate browser and user differences, (and this
    one is free, I would feel bad to charge for this, it is too deep), I
    say, rejoice in the fact of difference, be entranced by the symphony of
    variation on a theme, do not strangle the democracy of user preferences.

    Oh, and btw, it's sans (s on the end):

    sans |sanz|
    preposition poetic/literary, humorous
    without : flavorful vegetarian dishes sans meat, eggs, or milk.
    ORIGIN Middle English : from Old French sanz, from a variant of Latin
    sine Œwithout,¹ influenced by Latin absentia Œin the absence of.¹

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Oct 2, 2009
  4. On Oct 2, 10:41 pm, Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:

    > Does this help? http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info/fonttext.php

    Looks great.

    Just wanted to post a new topic but found it more propriate to put it
    here:
    All those fonts (~13) - will the work for all languages?
    chinese, Suaheli, Greek, Arab etc.???
    And when is it better to use unicode in the html source
    or is it really a good idea to use a meta to declare the language or
    does this not work all the time???

    Jan C. Faerber, Oct 2, 2009
  5. Helpful person, Oct 3, 2009