Re: for your languages

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Anders Wegge Keller, May 29, 2011.

  1. "io_x" <> writes:

    > are you sure your langages are better than some type of macro-assembly?

    C is *portable* macro assembler, and little more. Now go and troll
    somewhere else.

    --
    /Wegge

    Leder efter redundant peering af dk.*,linux.debian.*

    Anders Wegge Keller, May 29, 2011

  2. Anders Wegge Keller

    Angel Guest

    On 2011-05-28, Anders Wegge Keller <> wrote:
    > "io_x" <> writes:
    >
    >> are you sure your langages are better than some type of macro-assembly?

    > C is *portable* macro assembler, and little more. Now go and troll
    > somewhere else.

    C is fairly unique among programming languages in that it can be used
    both at a very high abstract- and a very low machine level.

    - seen in comp.lang.c

    Angel, May 29, 2011

  3. Anders Wegge Keller <> writes:
    > "io_x" <> writes:
    >> are you sure your langages are better than some type of macro-assembly?

    > C is *portable* macro assembler, and little more. Now go and troll
    > somewhere else.

    No, C is not a macro assembler. Assembly language programs specify
    CPU instructions. C programs specify behavior.

    Nokia

    Keith Thompson, May 29, 2011
  4. Angel <> writes:
    > On 2011-05-28, Anders Wegge Keller <> wrote:
    >> "io_x" <> writes:
    >>
    >>> are you sure your langages are better than some type of macro-assembly?

    >> C is *portable* macro assembler, and little more. Now go and troll
    >> somewhere else.

    > C is fairly unique among programming languages in that it can be used
    > both at a very high abstract- and a very low machine level.

    It's hardly unique in that respect. There are plenty of other languages
    that can be used that way. (Ada is just one example.)

    Nokia

    Keith Thompson, May 29, 2011